Welcome to Bio-Graphics
Here are some Tips and Rules on making a poster and services provided.
APPLICATIONS AND SIZES
- Posters can be produced in Adobe Illustrator, Power Point for PC or Mac. Other programs such as Adobe Photoshop (PS can make a large file and not really recommended for one big poster), Adobe In-Design and QuarkXpress, please call ahead to make sure we are compatible with different versions and certain output functions.
- Landscape or Portrait can only be 36” max on one side for regular or glossy paper. Paper is on a roll so it can be as long or wide as you choose. Give a .5 margin or images or text can be cut off.
- Color Posters on glossy paper are 35.00 for 36” x 48” only. Other sizes and paper call for quote.
GRAPHICS AND FONTS
- All photos or graphics used should be collected and saved on a USB device or emailed. All photos or graphics should be no smaller than 200dpi or 600dpi max for best results. Jpegs, Tiffs or EPS are fine or the programs original file. Images that are low resolution (72 dpi) should not be stretched to the size of the poster, the results will pixilated. If the file takes too long to print, the process will be terminated and corrections will have to be made. Try to keep file size down to around 10mgs in PPT. If there is any editing on my behalf there will be a charge for that service.
- The design templates and color themes featured in PowerPoint can cause problems and are not recommended for large format. Please Use the regular fills and line palettes that are available. Drop shadows also will increase the file size.
- Try to use regular basic fonts ( Arial, Times etc.) or convert your fonts to outlines if you are in a vector program that has the feature. PC to Mac can sometimes cause font issues. I like to have the creator present to view together to make sure the artwork is correct.
BILLING AND PAPER
- You must have an account number for billing purposes and approval from your advisor before printing in Bio-Graphics. Any changes to be reprinted will incur an additional charge and samples cost extra. I need to have the file 3 days before it is due, in case problems arise or other jobs are already scheduled. Scheduling is based on first come first serve basis. Please call or email in advance to reserve a spot.
- Also, colors tend to print a little darker on paper, so watch what colors you use for backgrounds. Glossy paper tends to show finger prints if you have dark backgrounds and takes a little longer to dry.
MONDAY - FRIDAY
9AM – 5:00PM
Please Call for Quotes!
- large format color printing
- graphic design
- digital imaging
- slide and photo scanning
- color laser copies
- lamination (size limit) call for estimates