PhysAssist Scribes, Inc. is looking for experience-driven candidates who are pursuing careers in the medical field to join our team in St. Joseph, MO. Our scribes work in the emergency department at MOSAIC Life Care. We are offering both full time and part time positions.
As a scribe you will:
- Accompany the Provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the Provider, directly into the medical record
- Maintain a comprehensive list of active patients to help the Provider remain organized
- Prepare plans for follow-up care
- Put through admittal and discharge paperwork
- Eligible for Benefits and 401K
Part time scribes usually work 2 - 3 shifts a week which adds up to about 18 - 20 hours.
Full time scribes usually work 3 - 5 shifts week and that adds up to about 40 hours. Each shift is 8 - 12 hours (it varies on location)
We work with academic schedules
This is NOT an internship or a volunteer opportunity.
Scribing allows you to shadow and get paid doing it, while gaining rare clinical experiences that help you grow as a person and as a professional.
*Scribes are strictly prohibited from any involvement in direct patient care.
- Highly motivated and experience-driven
- Pre-health track (pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) preferred
- At least 18 years old and sophomore status or higher
- Preferred GPA of 3.0
- No clinical experience required to apply
- Ability to move about and follow a physician for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to handwrite legibly