Summer 2018 Employment Opportunities
Biology Instructors and Teaching Assistants
CTY offers challenging academic programs for highly talented and motivated elementary, middle, and high school students from across the country and around the world. We are currently seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates to work in our summer programs. Information regarding employment and our summer programs can be found at http://ctyj.hu/ctysummersci
We are currently seeking individuals to teach the following Biology-related courses:
• Through the Microscope
• Examining the Evidence
• The Sensory Brain
• Introduction to the Biomedical Sciences
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Fast-Paced High School Biology
• Science, Technology, and Public Policy
Why teach for CTY?
• competitive salary plus room and board at our east and west coast residential sites
• all classes are taught by both an instructor and teaching assistant, and are limited to a maximum of 18 students per class
• opportunity to teach gifted students, and work with other professionals in your field
• science instructors are allotted a generous lab budget
Core Dates for 2018*:
Session 1: June 21 - July 14, 2018
Session 2: July 14 - August 4, 2018
Terms of Employment
• Starting salary for two sessions is $4,800 - $6,000 for instructors and $2,400 for TAs
• Room and board are provided at residential sites. Travel assistance is provided to Hong Kong.
• Teaching assistant candidates are generally graduate or undergraduate students with experience tutoring or as a TA.
• Instructor candidates generally have independent classroom teaching experience, graduate coursework, and at least a bachelor’s degree.
Johns Hopkins University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. The university promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.