Biology Teaching Resource Center
Due to the impact of COVID-19 the BTRC will not be opening for Fall Semester 2020.
KU Campus Resources available to students:
DEVICE SETUP - Step-by-step instructions on how to connect smartphones and computers to Wi-Fi and email, install Microsoft Office and more.
Online resources to help students: New2KU ~ Online hub for everything new students need to know about technology at KU.
Also at New2KU videos for instructions on how to use KU technology:
- Office 365, with a specific focus on OneDrive (online storage) and OneNote (digitial notebook)
- Microsoft Teams / Jayhawk Cloud - an all-in-one collaboration tool to share files, chat, and meet online
- Zoom - video conferencing
- Kaltura - create, edit, and share videos (similar to YouTube)
- Jayhawk GPS - undergraduate advising system
- My KU Portal / DPR - your list of degree requirements
- Enroll & Pay - how to enroll in classes, view your financial aid, pay your KU Bill, and more (coming soon!)
- Blackboard - online assignments, class discussion boards, etc.
The KU Libraries buildings are closed, but KU Libraries continues to offer services and resources for remote teaching, learning, and research. Please visit https://lib.ku.edu/remote for more information.
KU Libraries also have links to publishers and vendors who are providing free access on a temporary basis to their online content. COVID-19 TEMPORARY ACCESS TO RESOURCES >>
Student Technology Lending Programs >> including the Loaner Laptop Program >> and Wi-Fi - home hotspot program >> (from the loaner laptop program web page) The priority deadline has passed for these programs. At this time, we do not expect that there will be devices available for future applicants for fall 2020. Students have the option to complete the application to be placed on a waiting list for a device, but there is no guarantee that they will be issued a device.
Due to the impact of COVID-19 the BTRC will not be open Fall Semester 2020.